Feedback Thoughts

Why rejection hurts so much — and what to do about it link
The title of this article really caught my eye because this topic is something interesting to ponder upon. Most everyone can agree that any type of rejection hurts or at least, does not feel good. Having a lot of self-confidence is one way to combat rejection because if one can be reminded about the all the good accomplished or what he/she can offer to the world. A strong social connection, whether thats through social media or just taking to your coworkers affects everyone's self-worth and the higher this is, the less rejection negatively affects one. Reminiscing my early days as a college student, I used to react very poorly to negative feedback or criticism of any sort. This may have been due to not feeling confident enough or since college was such a new venture for me, I was afraid. Now, I have learned that any feedback helps you grow and develop not only as a student, but as a person in general. Feedback has allowed me to obtain leadership positions in extracurricular activities I am most passionate about and also, I've learned how to do better, which is important when I am on a team working with others.

6 Bad Mental Habits That Sabotage Your Success link
Making excuses is probably the most relatable mental habit for me. Sometimes, I think it's okay to blame something for my shortcoming. I need to get into a better practice of learning how to do what is needed to move on, instead of dwelling upon the past. Although I am self-confident in most activities I engage in, it has been my nature to put myself down slightly. For example, before making a decision, I sometimes think about what the worst possible outcome could be, instead of thinking about the best. I like how this article mentions to advise yourself like you would to a good friend.
Feedback is really helpful when useful. Source: 131BW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a coffee fanatic

Week 5 Storytelling: Rama Banishes Sita