My Favorite Place on Earth: Paris, France

Paris, France
For my sweet 16th birthday, my parents surprised me with a trip to Paris, France. Prior to landing, I fell in love as our plane soared above the skies of the uniquely luminous city.
A photo of Paris captured from the skies. 
Paris, France: the city of light. The Seine river flows peacefully through north Paris. The Eiffel Tower can be seen brilliantly glowing in the evening. Source: Wikimedia Commons
Our first stop was the city's most prominent (and most touristy) landmark. I vividly remember the bitter December cold we faced, but the view from the top of the Eiffel Tower was worth it--to say the least.
All smiles in front of the Eiffel Tower. 
We toured the city's popular attractions, namely the Arc de Triomphe honoring French soldiers during Bonaparte's reign.
Aboard the tour bus, I snapped a quick photo of my mother and little brother in front of the Arc de Triomphe.
We then headed to the Louvre Museum, only to find ourselves waiting in line for 90 minutes! In the meantime, we photographed magnificent architecture and other beautiful scenery. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, yet as I reminisce on these memories, I recall being speechless in-person five years ago.
The Louvre Museum in all its glory! Source: Wikimedia Commons
Tourists surrounding the Louvre Museum.
I wish I was kidding about the 90 minutes of waiting!
My sister (left) and I gleaming with excitement as we entered the Louvre.
Merely indulging in the picturesque attractions does not justify the certain wonders and charms in "the city of love"; but it does give you the yearning desire to return and experience all over again.







Comments

  1. Oh wow, look at all those fantastic pictures, Naomee! Thank you for sharing those, and I hope you will get to go back again to Paris sometime soon. The Louvre does not have a lot of art from India, but the Guimet Museum in Paris has art from India, South Asia, and Asia generally. Perhaps you will want to browse around there and see what you find! For example: Ramayana, des hommes, des dieux et le singe blanc :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the information. After browsing their website, the Guimet Museum is definitely on my bucket list for the next time I go to Paris!

      Delete
  2. I loved getting to see your trip through all your cool pictures. I got to go to Paris when I was 18 and it is amazing. I only got to spend 2 days there, and that is just not enough time at all, but luckily I got to hit a lot of the high points, and seeing your trip brings back a lot of great memories. It is truly a magical city.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a coffee fanatic

Week 5 Storytelling: Rama Banishes Sita