Storybook Favorites

1. Ganesha: The Remover of Obstacles link
I enjoyed rehearing this ancient mythology story. The title contains just the right amount of detail to keep viewers intrigued and eager to read more. The introduction provides some background information about the gods Parvati and Shiva, which leads into the story of their son, Ganesha. The unique color scheme of the page grabs my attention. Descriptions and the significance of the iconography objects are explained beside the picture of Ganesha, which I think is a great way to summarize pivotal points, but in a way that is not limiting. There are tabs with interesting titles for viewers to scroll through and explore more of Ganesha's story. Overall, I am inspired by the way large images are used in each tab, allowing the story to be visual.

2. Hindu Goddesses link
I appreciate the way this blog is easy to navigate around. For example, the simple introduction page lays out the topic and the tabs on the side contain concise titles, which is easy to follow. I am familiar with this story. Interestingly, just like the narrative in the blog, I was told this story when I was a little girl too. The blog's home page is filled with images of the goddesses, stimulating viewers' interest beyond the text. The simple layout and design of the page contributes to the way the stories are conveyed.

3. For The Love of Kamadeva link
Prior to seeing this blog, I was only familiar with the story of Krishna and Radha. Narrating the stories from the perspective of Kamadeva, the God of Love, was incredibly creative and captured my attention from the get-go. The introduction was filled with information, maybe a little too much for my liking, because it served more as a summary for the stories. There are tabs for each story and therefore, I think a better choice would have been to enforce a background story without giving away the full details. There is a good use of visuals throughout the pages, which is nice and allows viewers to better understand the stories. The tabs are useful in terms of focusing on the telling of one story. All in all, I enjoyed scrolling through the timeless love stories and I admire the way each of these were told.

The love story of Radha and Krishna. Source: cowdust

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a coffee fanatic

Week 5 Storytelling: Rama Banishes Sita