Reading Options

Throughout this semester, I hope to be educated upon the many Hindu gods and goddesses, along with the great epics of India.

Rama: Retold from the Ramayana link
I am already familiar with the famous series of comics known as ACK. Although I have not yet read through the stories in the link above, I am interested in exploring. I admire the idea of learning the Indian story traditions through short stories as in these comics. 

Monkey Stories: Jataka Tales of Wile and Wisdom link
This is another comic from ACK that grabbed my attention due with the allusion to Buddha storytelling.

The Mahabharata by C. A. Kincaid link 
This story was intriguing just based on the description: the story of the Mahabharata, but with an especial focus on the Pandavas. Also, there is an illustration on each page, which makes the story so much more visual.
A moment of action in the Ramayana story. Source: Wikimedia Commons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a coffee fanatic

Week 5 Storytelling: Rama Banishes Sita