Time Strategies

Time management strategies are useful skills to have, especially in college. Using Google calendar helps me plan for assignments and exams in my courses. I struggle the most with procrastination. I've experienced too many sleepless nights to be counted. Yet, I continue to engage in this toxic habit. I truly wonder sometimes what it is that causes me to wait until the last minute. Perhaps it is the fact that I do well under pressure just like the saying, "stress brings out the best".

For this class, I will make a strong commitment to not procrastinate. I will strictly follow the schedule I laid out, instead of trying to complete assignments on the day they are due. I also plan to take advantage of the extra credit opportunities offered to ensure I do well in this course. 

The Important Habit of Just Starting
I thought this article was very relatable. More often than not, the fear of merely starting on a particular assignment prevents us from completion in a timely manner. I thought the idea of a commitment device was interesting. For example, the article mentioned locking your closet so that you cannot get dressed to go out, socialize, or do something preventing you from being productive. This would work for me but instead of my closet, I will lock up my phone so that I am not tempted to utilize social media or text my friends. Another useful piece of advise is creating the right environment to get started without having too many distractors around.

How to Beat Procrastination
This article was informative for several reasons. One huge incentive to avoid procrastination is knowing how great you will feel once the assignment is complete. I learned I will be less likely to procrastinate if make a commitment by telling someone I will have it done and that way, I made myself reliable. 

Overall, the articles were very useful in providing time management strategies and most importantly, offering assurance that I'm not alone with my habits of procrastination. I learned about commitment decides, which I am going to try this semester with my phone.
Almost everyone has experienced stress from poor time management. Source: wikimedia commons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a coffee fanatic

Week 5 Storytelling: Rama Banishes Sita