Thoughts on the Growth Mindset

Prior to this assignment, I was not familiar with Dweck's growth mindset. I am fascinated by this way of thinking and I hope I can put this into practice. I can honestly say my academic accomplishments reflect my hard work and dedication. Yet unfortunately, I am just now realizing how often I have merely comprehended material for the sake of my grade in a course. The fear of failing is my greatest challenge when it comes to learning new things because setbacks or hurdles are always difficult for me to face. Whether I overcome these or not, I feel as though I would rather be successful without encountering such challenges. I think a closed mindset can be toxic, preventing one from appreciating the importance of education. My personal learning goal from this semester is to be inspired by challenge. I agree with Dweck: one is not learning if everything is thought to be easy. Learning should not be limited to the realms of academic boundaries. Learning should extend beyond an enriching experience to be reflected in our ever-increasing skills and capabilities. Challenging should be the comfort zone because with this, horizons can be broadened.
There is so much more to an iceberg than what is in sight of the eyes. Source: pinterest

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a coffee fanatic

Week 5 Storytelling: Rama Banishes Sita