Week 8 Reading and Writing

Wow! I cannot believe half of the semester is over! Reflecting on the previous reading and writing assignments, I have really enjoyed the opportunity to demonstrate creative writing. There are a couple of shortcomings I could work on. For example, I need to do a better job at keeping up with submitting the assignments on time, as procrastination often gets the best of me. I think I could also improve my proofreading and revision skills. 

My favorite reading thus far has been the Ramayana. The plot is very original and it is like something I have never read before. I admire how many love stories there are in the Ramayana. The characters are all very different but unified in terms of playing their roles in the telling of the story.

My reading notes definitely help me with storytelling because I can look back and refresh myself on the plot. I do my best to record important details in my notes. It helps me when I research background information on the characters in the story through Wikipedia or other websites. 

Are you happy with your class project? I am happy with creating a portfolio. I think I will be even more pleased once I add more stories. I love how I can go back and edit the imperfections. Feedforward from classmates is incredibly helpful with making the portfolio my best work. I consider the images I've used to be my biggest accomplishments in my writing. I spend a lot of time carefully choosing these images based on what I feel they will contribute to my story.
I chose this image because Part D is my favorite reading from the Ramayana. This is when Rama sends Sita into exile, which surprised me incredibly because Sita was loyal to Rama through thick and thin. She even proved her chastity to him after she was held captive by the evil Ravana. I do not understand why Rama would do this to her and I ended up writing a story about this. Source: Wikimedia Commons.
Looking forward, I need to make sure to allot the right amount of time towards all of the assignments. On a couple of occasions, I've found myself scrambling to finish when the deadlines so far have been very reasonable. I think by sticking to the schedule I laid out at the beginning of the semester of how/when I would complete my assignments, I can be more successful with this class.

Comments

  1. Hey Naomee, I can agree with you that my favorite reading has also been the Ramayana. I feel that Rama overreacted when he sent Sita into exile even though she had been with him through everything they went through. It was a great story but it did not have much written through the perspective of the women involved. If this were so, it would have been an even greater story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Naomee! I really enjoyed hearing your thoughts on the Ramayana. I definitely have felt that it is a story worth reading and diving into, even past this class. I'm impressed by your perspective and how much you put into this. Thank you for sharing with us and I look forward to hearing more from you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a coffee fanatic

Week 5 Storytelling: Rama Banishes Sita