Famous Last Words: Halfway There!

Some words of inspiration. Source: Flickr.
This spring semester is flying by! Unfortunately, I did not have time to do both portions of the reading so I will be making up reading through the extra credit opportunities. My favorite part about the Mahabharata so far is the various characters we meet because they are all so different, yet unified in aspects like intentions or fighting in the war.

I think the story I told this week is one of my best works. It might need some editing/revision but I definitely put in 100% when I thought of how to retell the love story of King Shantanu and Satyavati. You can read my story here. I have written a couple of love stories now and I hope to become better at storytelling, rather than just presenting information. I've discovered that in order to write a good story, I need to start early and avoid procrastination. If I experience writer's block, I take a break until I am inspired. This week, I tried writing from the perspective of the woman in the story, Satyavati, because this is different than how the story was told in the Mahabharata.

I am a little stressed out in my other classes, as I'm sure any other college student is. Midterms season is always rough. But on the bright side, we are so close to spring break! Although this class does not have any direct connection with my other science classes, I really enjoy having the opportunity to write stories, which is a valuable skill to have in life, in general.

Outside of school, I am excited about a launch party for an app that raises money for clean water in developing countries. People can download the app and play the game. This is an initiative of some of my peers, which has been an amazing experience just seeing their dreams come true.

Next week in this class, I hope to stay on top of my assignments by completing things early. I also will do my best to take advantage of extra credit opportunities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a coffee fanatic

Week 5 Storytelling: Rama Banishes Sita