Growth Mindset: Everyday Journaling

My goal to journal more! Source: Flickr.
The Neurologists Who Fought Alzheimer's By Studying Nuns' Brains

The article presents a study in which participants were nuns exhibiting Alzheimer's disease. They found that nuns who shared written accounts of their lives and personal essays tended not to develop symptoms. Additionally, one particular sister remained intellectually competent and active in her 80s, even with Alzheimer's!

This article confirmed my understanding that writing is a useful life skill. Although I was somewhat aware of the beneficial aspects of record keeping, I had no idea of the extent to which these benefits would go to. I think the Alzheimer's study is fascinating, especially how this reveals that everyday writing can help people be cognitively skilled well into older age. 

I am curious to explore how journaling may or may not long term influence my mindset. If I journal my experiences encountered everyday and then reflect on these when I'm older, will I be more of a growth mindset person?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a coffee fanatic

Week 5 Storytelling: Rama Banishes Sita