Week 8 Comments and Feedback

Comments and feedback are definitely helpful than if I didn't receive anything. I admire the concept of feedforward, which most everyone gives me in their comments. I especially appreciate comments that are specific to exactly how I can improve my stories. For example, reading that my story could use more dialogue is more useful than receiving the feedback that there is not enough information about my character's emotions.

I do my best to leave well thought out comments and feedback on the posts of my classmates. The best strategy for this, in my opinion, is thinking about how to improve the post as if it were my own. I try to not be so harsh and just focus on providing helpful comments over criticizing others' posts. When I read my classmates' stories, I am very often inspired by their creative writing skills. I try to improve my own skills as we progress through the weeks.

I love how interactive this online course is. I try going to different student's blog posts every week when writing comments for the assignment. Then, I go back and try to comment on extra posts just to explore more of what's out there. I am happy with my introduction post and I think it provides a nice story to who I am and what there is to know about me before delving into my stories from the course's reading. 

I think if we told each other to be brutally honest about what we think of the blog posts, we all might receive more helpful feedback.I want to make my blog more appealing. Ultimately, I want to create a blog that draws readers in, encouraging them to read more than just one of my stories. 
This infographic is helpful in terms of personal reflection after writing a blogpost. I think looking back at your own work, and assessing how you can do better the next time, is an important aspect of the feedback process. I chose this particularly image to remind myself that this class can really help me improve my writing skills if I listen to feedback and personally reflect. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a coffee fanatic

Week 5 Storytelling: Rama Banishes Sita