Growth Mindset: The Beginning to the End

Growth mindset is the best mindset. Source: TeachThought.
I experience the strongest growth mindset when I consider myself apart from my academics and extracurriculars. Instead, I focus on who I am as a person, what my passions are, how I define them, and what I can do to better myself as this ideal person. Realizing imperfections are not a bad thing works well for me to adapt a growth mindset. I've come to the conclusion that imperfections are what allow people to be unique and without imperfections, you cannot improve yourself, your ambitions, nor can you understand how to move forward from mistakes and hurdles encountered. Now, whenever something does not go as planned, I do my best to remain calm and focus on how I can get over this set back. Of course, I think it's human nature to be upset and express your true emotions if you are distressed, but the most important thing to remember is to never give up your original passion.

Comments

  1. Naomee, I love what you wrote here about Growth Mindset. Was very relatable! I struggle so much with separating my performance in school or work with my worth as a person! And even in personal life it’s hard to be kind and forgiving to yourself.
    Today I had to ask a family member for money for gas. I was SO embarrassed. It felt like I had failed at being an adult. However I reminded myself that there were so many lessons I could learn from this week that would help me manage my money better. Always a. Opportunity!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a coffee fanatic

Week 5 Storytelling: Rama Banishes Sita